-Asparagus with a Shallot Vinaigrette Sauce
Suggested Wine Pairing: Ceja Carneros Chardonnay and Ceja Carneros Pinot Noir
Serves 8 people
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 shallots thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt to taste
- Trim and rinse asparagus.
- Bring to a boil salted water in a medium size pot.
- Add asparagus to boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain asparagus and immediately place in a glass bowl filled with ice water.
- Drain chilled asparagus and place in serving platter.
- Mix together olive oil, vinegar, shallots, garlic, pinch of sugar and salt.
- Sprinkle olive oil mixture to asparagus-ready to be served.