Suggested Wine Pairing: Ceja Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
Serves 8 to 10 people
• 2 cups of granulated sugar
• 5 large beaten eggs
• 2 cups of milk
• 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
• 3 cups of sourdough bread, cubed
• 1 cup of packed light brown sugar
• 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) of butter, softened
• 1 cup of chopped *pecans
• 1/3 cup of raspberries
• 1/3 cup of blueberries
• Ceja Cabernet infused chocolate sauce
*Walnuts or almonds are a great alternative
Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan or use individual ramekins.
Mix together granulated sugar, eggs, and milk in a bowl; add vanilla. Pour over cubed bread and let sit for 10 minutes.
In another bowl, mix and crumble together the brown sugar, butter, and pecans.
Pour bread mixture into prepared pan or ramekins. Sprinkle brown sugar/pecan mixture over the top and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Remove from oven.
Lastly, add fresh blueberries and raspberries then drizzle chocolate sauce over bread pudding. Enjoy with a glass of Ceja Cabernet Sauvignon.