-Camarones with Cebollitas y Ajo
Suggested Wine Pairing: Ceja Carneros Chardonnay and Ceja Carneros Pinot Noir
Serves 8 people
- 3 pounds unpeeled shrimp (16-20 shrimp/pound)
- 8 firm shallots thinly sliced crosswise
- 8 garlic cloves thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/3 cup light olive oil + 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ lime
- Rinse shrimp in ice-cold water. Pat dry with clean cloth and cut in half lengthwise-place in glass bowl.
- Mix together sliced shallots, sliced garlic, 1/3 cup olive oil and salt.
- Stir shallots mixture into shrimp, coating completely.
- Add cayenne pepper to shrimp mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a non-stick pan and heat medium to high temperature-add shrimp mixture and sauté until shrimp turns pink (about 3 minutes). Taste for desired tenderness.
- Squeeze lime juice and stir-serve immediately.