-Chipotle Potato Salad
Suggested Wine Pairing: Ceja Carneros Chardonnay
Serves 6-8 people
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (no mayonnaise)
- 15 small red potatoes (cut into 1-inch cubes after boiled)
- ½ cup of cooked longaniza
- 2 tablespoons of spicy mustard
- 2 canned chipotle chiles and extra juice
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 3 long sticks of celery
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, cut into cubes
- Chives or green onion as a garnish
Fill a pot with water and add salt. Let water come to a boil and add potatoes. Cook potatoes for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
Boil eggs for 5-7 minutes. Drain and let cool. Once cool, cube eggs remove half the yolk, set aside.
In a sauté pan, cut the longaniza link until nice and crumbled. Cook until crispy on the edges yet still tender. Once done cooking, place longaniza on top of paper napkins and set aside.
Finely chop the red onion, chipotle chiles, jalapenos, celery, and place into separate bowls. In a large mixing bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, red onions, chorizo, jalapeños, ground pepper and salt. Mix ingredients until fully incorporated. Add potatoes and eggs into the mixture. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
Pair dish with a glass of Ceja Chardonnay and enjoy with friends & family!