As one of South America's most popular seafood dishes, ceviche has inspired many palates with its citrus and spicy flair. Amelia Ceja creates a salmon ceviche this time around and pairs it with Ceja Vineyards' Carneros Pinot Noir.
Why throw away day-old bread when you can turn it into yummy bread pudding! Also known as "broodpudding", "Capirotada," "Migas" and "Pudín de Pan", this tasty dish is revered all over the world. In this episode, Dalia Ceja complements the bread pudding with Ceja Vineyards' Cabernet Chocolate Sauce as well as Ceja's Cabernet Sauvignon.
Long a favorite of Amelia Ceja, this creamy cauliflower soup is sure to warm your belly and taste buds! Wine Pairing: Ceja Vineyards' Carneros Chardonnay.
- 1 cauliflower rinsed and cut into flowerets
- 4 leeks rinsed and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cut in quarters
- 1 serrano pepper finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of extra light olive oil
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons of chives finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons of cilantro finely chopped
- Salt and white pepper to taste
• Heat oil in large saucepan and sauté leeks, serrano pepper and chopped garlic, and cook until translucent (about 8 minutes).
• Add cauliflower flowerets, quartered potatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes (or until potatoes and cauliflower are tender).
• In a blender, process cauliflower mixture until smooth and creamy, and return it to saucepan. Stirring frequently, simmer for 15 minutes until desired thickness (add more chicken broth if too thick). Add salt and white pepper to taste.
• Serve immediately and garnish with finely chopped chives and cilantro.
Using the base pesto sauce she made in Part 1, Dalia Ceja creates three delectable dishes: sun-dried tomato and a bow-tie spicy cilantro pasta and Parmesan bruschetta. Dalia then pairs these tasty treats with Ceja Vineyards' Carneros Pinot Noir.